John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am trying to connect my printer, an All-in-one Brother MFC

Customer Question

I am trying to connect my printer, an All-in-one Brother MFC 665CW to a new Dell laptop with a Windows 10 operating system. I have visited a website and downloaded the program for the printer. My computer and printer have been connected with a cable. I see the Brother MFC 665 CW printer when I view devices on my control panel and I set the Brother printer as the default printer. When I ask it to print it reports an error. (nothing to identify what kind of error.)..
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Dell is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was just purchased in December it is an Inspiron 14-3452 (3000 series)
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Operating System is WINdow 10 64 bit
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have not been able to print anything There may have been a test print that did not happen
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am only interested in the printing function, not the phone or the fax. I have very little expertise about printers.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 9 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks