Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have a MG2922 printer. I live in FL for the winter. When I

Customer Question

I have a MG2922 printer. I live in FL for the winter. When I left FL in the Spring I had no problem with the printer. Now when I returned, the printer won't print off my laptop but it will off my old computer. What should I do? I still have the disc. Should I try to run it again through my laptop? Printer just says "printer error"
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: My printer is a MG2922 and is about 1 year old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC a Dell. I'm not technalogically knowledgeable. I'm not sure what OS I'm running.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This has been an issue since I returned to FL about 2 weeks ago. Nothing happened before it wouldn't work with my laptop.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 7?

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not sure. As I mentioned I'm technologically challenged since I'm 77 years old. I think I'm using Windows 10. The printer is not connected to my laptop. My desktop is connected but that is not the problem. My problem is getting my laptop to print. I wasn't having a problem when I left FL in the spring but it won't print now. Says "printer error"
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I don't want you to connect to my laptop. If you can't help me now, I'm going to call the Geek Squad.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I still have the disk I used to install the Canon printer to my laptop. Can I just install it again?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Said that you responded to my question - where is your response?
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

I apologize fr the delay in my response.

Have you ever setup Wifi on the printer? If you have a USB cable t setup wireless on your printer, please watch the video below and try following the instructions as per the video.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART163604

After setting up wireless, restart the computer and try printing again.

Thank you.