John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

We moved and resetting up our 6700 printer we tried to

Customer Question

we moved and resetting up our 6700 printer we tried to wirelesss connect but couldn't find number we needed and cancelled. later we tried and it just says to contect tec support
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: here are some numbers I found d89d6755eg9, pfu#cn583-64001 it is aprox 3 yrs old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: my computer is a dell inspiron 15 3000 series I don't know what os is. I am older and computer stupid sorry
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i was trying to connect my computer wireless to the printer
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the make / model of your internet modem / router device?

Are you able to go to the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer's screen?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
netgear71 the printer will not let me go do anything except says call hp support

Thank you. Is it the printer model Officejet 6700?

- Can you shut down the printer, then disconnect the power cord from the printer for a couple of minutes, then reconnect, then turn on the printer. Then wait a bit, then touch the Right Arrow icon on the printer, then does it show anything new?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I tried what you said but it didn't, by the way I had already tried this before I contacted you. I tried pushing the arrow icon the problem could hich I tried before also with no results. The sign says the problem could be the printer or the ink cartridges. Just before I tried to connect it wireless I had copied some items manually and the copier worked fine so I didn't thing the ink cartridges would be the fault

Sorry, can you take out the ink cartridges for a minute, then reinstalled them and check?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
reinstalled the cartridges and nothing
Expert:  technicalcat replied 9 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.
I will help you now.

What is the exact error message or code you receive on the printer?