John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

HP officejet 6600 prints but won't scan. Troubleshooting

Customer Question

HP officejet 6600 prints but won't scan. Troubleshooting results in OK message but test scan results in message that printer can't be found
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 years old. HP Officejet 6600 e-all-in-one
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: New Dell XPS 8910 Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Successfully scanned once on 12/25 or 12/26 after 12/19 day of connecting printer via USB to new computer. Since then installed various programs and one Windows 10 update
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you see the HP Officejet... program on your computer? If yes, what happens when you scan with that program?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When I open that program I get two options: "Connect a new printer" or "Add more software".

Can you select the option Connect a new printer, and follow the steps there, then see if you can scan?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That gets me nowhere but to a window where my options are "Back" or "Skip".

I'm sorry. It looks like the HP Officejet scan program is corrupted. Can you uninstall / reinstall the printer's driver / software?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Before contacting you I downloaded and installed driver / software to no good effect. How would I uninstall / reinstall the printer's driver / software? And how long would a remote support session take?

You would go to Settings -> Apps... to uninstall (or go to Control Panel -> Programs / Programs and Features.) It takes about half an hour for remote support; I can do all these steps and troubleshoot the scanning issue directly & quickly on your computer for you; we guarantee our service. Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't have time to continue this right now. Can we do it tomorrow morning?

Yes, and/or this evening or night, if you are available. Thank you for your patience,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tomorrow morning. What do I need to do to resume?

We've emailed you (from JustAnswer / Viet.) Tomorrow, you can click on the link "View My Response" in my email message in order to get back to me at this web page again. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you.

You're welcome.