Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My computer that I have used for years to print on Brother

Customer Question

My computer that I have used for years to print on Brother PT-2730 failed so I need the Brother PT-2730 driver to install on new computer.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model PT-2730. I purchased the Brother printer about 5 years ago.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The computer while setting on table, was sprayed with water 2 days ago so that it no longer powers up so I just need to run my Brother PT-2730 printer from my 2 other Windows 7 computers.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's all, thanks.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

For installation on a Windows 7 computer, of the software/driver for the PT-2730 label printer, you need to go to

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=2730eus

and select either Windows 7 32-bit or Windows 7 64-bit, depending upon the particular Windows 7 type on the computer. (You can tell whether it is 32-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 7, by going to Start - Control Panel - System and Security - System and looking for the 'System Type' information there.)

Then click on the blue SEARCH button.

The Printer Driver, and perhaps also the P-Touch Editor if you need it too, can be downloaded from there.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.