John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Canon printer is connected to my computer but my computer

Customer Question

canon printer is connected to my computer but my computer does not recognize the printer
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: did not ever do this. it is about 2 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc at&t
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: about a month my son was using wyfy
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i lost you
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

First thing to try would be to disconnect the printer's USB cable from the computer and plug it back to a different USB port into your computer. Wait 2 to 5 minutes then try to print again.

If this does not work, you will need to install the drivers for your printer. For this please let me know the model of your Canon printer, and the operative system of your computer (Windows, 7, 8, 10, or Mac OS X 10.6, etc)

Thank you and have a blessed day!

====
Please let me know if you need more assistance by using the reply box below, I'm happy to discuss further. :) If not, please take a moment to rate my personal answer to you.

=====
Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.
If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====