John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a mx922 that quit working with my HP lap top but

Customer Question

I have a mx922 that quit working with my HP lap top but still works with my Mac The HP just tells me the printer is offline and it won't connect
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I got it the 1st part of Oct.It is a Pavilion
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC HP Pavilion Windows
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: when i went to use it the 31st it just would not print up until that time it worked ok
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does your HP Pavilion PC computer have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a (USB) cable? Or is the connection wireless?
Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,