Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have been trying to install this printer for 3 weeks to no

hi i have been trying to install this printer for 3 weeks to no avail

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

the chromebook won't find it on wifi.

it needs to be set up as a cloud printer and added to the gmail account that you log into the chromebook with.

that is just the way that chromebooks work.

i can run you through the process if you have another computer hooked up to that same wifi.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I already have chrome cloud print, and my printer is cloud printer ready. But I still cannot save the printer to my chromebook

You need to have another device that you can find the printer on the wifi and add it to your Google account from that

OR

If the printer is cloud ready it will give you an email address type name and you can add that to the Google account

https://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/printers.html#

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My printer is cloud ready, but it's not giving me an email address

you have to log into the printer using a web browser on a device on your network

the chromebook should be able to do that

the instructions are a bit long but not really that difficult

they are on this page

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART117419&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1483727088709

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have not had a chance to work on the problem, I will work on it on Wednesday, which is my day off. I will rate your service then. Thank you

thats all i ask is that you please rate me when you are happy

i will work with you as long as it takes to make you happy

again the instructions are on this page

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It still wouldn't work, I went out and bought a laptop and cable. I don't need your help anymore. Thank you for trying

Chromebooks are tough about printing

If you appreciate my attempts to help I would really appreciate if you would give me a good rating

That is the only way that I can receive any credit from this site for my efforts

Thank you