John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I cannot connect it to the new router, It is an HP envy

Customer Question

I cannot connect it to the new router
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: It is an HP envy 5530. It is about two years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It is a PC. I'm not sure what the OS is. It uses Microsoft.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Comcast asked me to change routers. I have the internet, but the printer won't work.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I don't think so.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What happens when you go to the Wireless / signal icon on the printer's screen, then select the Settings option (gear icon) , then select the option Wireless Setup Wizard, then select / connect to your WiFi / wireless network name? Is there any error or message?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,