John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am able to print from both my desktop and laptop, both

Customer Question

I am able to print from both my desktop and laptop, both Macs, via wireless. I can only scan with the desktop, however. I would like to scan using the laptop, too.
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The Canon MX922 is brand new.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac OS 10.10.5
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I tried to scan from the laptop for the first time. It asked me to download software, which I did. When I tried to scan, it said error in connecting.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that's it. Thanks.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

To correct the connection problem between your laptop and your printer, you need to remove your print server icon, uninstall your printer software, restart your computer, and download and install the latest complete printer drivers from the official manufacturer's website. This must be done on each computer on your printer network. I can show you how to do this in detail. Please let me know when you are ready to continue.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The problem corrected itself. I am now able to scan. Thanks.

You are welcome. I am glad that you have solved your problem. An d thank you for choosing Just Answer.