Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I purchased a CP1200 a few months ago, used it about 4

Customer Question

I purchased a CP1200 a few months ago, used it about 4 times, printing just one photo each time. Now it continues to tell me that I am out of ink, even after I have changed the ink cartrige
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Selphy CP1200
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Printer cartrige is postcard size. I am printing from a Leica digital camera card
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The printer is brand new. I purchased it on Amazon. As i said, I printed just 4 pictures. Nothing happened right before it started.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had an earlier model of this printer for years without difficulty
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If the printer is not used regularly, it can get clogged up.

Can you try running a self clean and let me know if it prints ok?

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.