John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I purchased a Brother M1-100 typewriter on-line. I printed

Customer Question

I purchased a Brother M1-100 typewriter on-line. I printed 12 envelopes and then the machine stopped printing as if there was no longer a ribbon in the machine. The machine-works well- it just wont print and I need to use it very badly. Pleas help.
Arnold J. Goldman
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Does it still make noises as if it were typing, or at least move the carriage along even if it makes no other typing noises? or has it simply stopped doing anything altogether?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It makes noises and the carriage moves etc as if I were typing

OK. When it stopped making marks on the paper, did the letters fade out a bit at the last? Or did they stop showing up quite suddenly and with no fading?