Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have an Epson xp-640 printer. I have connected it to my

Customer Question
I have an Epson xp-640...
I have an Epson xp-640 printer. I have connected it to my computer with the proper cord. However there is no communication between the two and I can't print.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: xp-640 expression premium. About three months
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac OS Sierra
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Ive not ever been able to print with this printer/.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
1/4/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try a different USB port on the computer. Then wait a minute or two to see if the computer reacts to it.

Is this an initial setup of a printer that is new, or at least new to this computer? if so, I think I can help you get this problem to a good solution, whatever the problem turns out to be.

John, Computer Science Engineer