Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I have an Apple iPad. I just installed a HP Laser Jet Pro

Customer Question

I have an Apple iPad.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: I just installed a HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M26 nw printer. How can we print from the iPad to the new printer. thanx,
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: We have a HP computer with Windows 7; and there is another decal with "VISION" Premium on it.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just installed [hooked up] the new wireless M26 printer today, and want to be able to print from the iPad as well.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO, just instruct me with what to do to get the Apple iPad to print wirelessly to the M26 HP printer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The iPad can only print to printers that support AirPrint.

Here is a list of printers that support printing from the iPad (M26 is not listed):

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02623193

When you get a compatible printer,

1. Open the app you want to print from.
  2. To find the print option, tap app's share icon.
  3. Tap on Print.
  4. Tap Select Printer and choose an AirPrint-enabled printer.
  5. Choose the number of copies or other options, like which pages you want to print.
  6. Tap Print in the upper-right corner.

--------------------
Happy New Year!
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.