MikeW
MikeW, Computer Engineer
Experience:  32+ years Computer and Networking Experience
9863586

I am having trouble connecting my HP laserjet M1217nfw MFP

Customer Question

i am having trouble connecting my HP laserjet M1217nfw MFP to my wireless wi- fi network.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LaserJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: M1217nfw MFP it is several years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it was woking until we changed the wireless DSL router to a newer type that was provided to us by the ISP. I contected them and they told me the new router does not support wirelss printers (?) so i went back to the original router and now i cannot print wirelsssly. I can print directly from the MAC to the printer through th USB cable. The woireless says its offline.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: hel p me reset the pritnter to grt it online
Category: Printers
Expert:  MikeW replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today. You will need to reconnect your printer to the wifi thru the wireless setup wizard at the printer.