Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Printer will not print from computer, hp officejet 4632, pc,

Customer Question

printer will not print from computer
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: hp officejet 4632
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: for a week , but it will print from my laptop
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything now
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

Is the printer wireless?

Does your problematic computer have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
wireless, window 7

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d46d26db-a257-4a9c-aeea-43060cbf6d33
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

1. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/zmn5lwe

, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)

Is there any error or message when printing?

Are you able to go to the Wireless / Settings / Wireless Setup Wizard on your printer's screen?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

When you are available, please reply back to continue. Or you can try the following fix:

Solution #1:

1. Disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for about 3 minutes, then re-reconnect.
  2. Turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for about 2 minutes, then reconnect, then turn on printer.
  3. Wait about 5 minutes.
  4. Then check printing.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try:

1. Click on Start, then click on Control Panel.
  2. Open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers.
  3. There, right-click on the HP printer, then click on option Remove Device, then click on Yes to delete it for now. Make sure there is not any HP item showing there for now.
  4. Then open the program called HP Officejet..., if available, and follow the instructions there in order to re-set up your printer and check.

Solution #3:

- If that still does not work, please try:

1. Click on Start, then click on Control Panel. Then open Programs / Programs and Features, and uninstall the HP printer driver / software there for now.
  2. Then shut down / restart the computer.
  3. Click on Start, then click on Control Panel, then open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers. And make sure there is not any HP item showing there for now.
  4. Download and install the printer's driver / software at the HP website below, and check:
    http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-4600-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5305049/model/5395749

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,