John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I bought a Brother printer about 4 months sago. It is

Customer Question

I bought a Brother printer about 4 months sago. It is connected to my apple computer. I am trying to make photocopies and the printer while lighting up does not respond. It is connected to my computer and I tried to disconnect the connection and replug again without any result. I am preparing legal documents I must provide tomorrow to the Court. What can I do?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is a new printer I bought no more than 3 to 4 months ago. The model # is LC 203 with below LC205/209.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: My computer is a mac and what I am doing right now is trying to print the exhibits to my motion. so very simple.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: He started yesterday and I no problem with the printer before that.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I understand the position of necessity that you are in.

As for printing: if the printer is reluctant to print from the computer, try clearing all print jobs out of the printer's queue, and try printing (something simple and usual) again as a test, before going back to printing out what your business requires.

As for photocopying: have you tried laying sheets face-down, one at a time, on the glass sheet? as well as feeding through the top feeder... and if so, what happens? any error message?