Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I am using a Canon MG3670 printer. However I had experienced

Customer Question

Dear sir, I am using a Canon MG3670 printer. However I had experienced - "Printer filter failed". Appreciate your kind feedback and assistance. Thanks
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No. It is about a year old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: No issue previously. After successfully printed 01 page. The printer message show "printer filter failed'.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The message 'Printer filter failed' is typical of MAC OS X or Apple systems, where the printer's driver, installed to aid the computer in printing properly to the printer, has become corrupted.

The advisable thing to do is, first, to try a reset of the printing system.

(If you need instructions on how to do so, let me know, please.)

After that if it still does not work, does not print, or produces an error message, the thing to do is to

uninstall the printer's drivers on your computer

restart your computer

and re-install the printer's drivers onto your computer (from a download page appropriate for your computer's MAC OS X 10.x version - so if you need instructions on how to do so, and what download page to go to, please Reply To Expert, with your computer's MAC OS X 10.x version.)