John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

6510 NO BLACK jUST READING THE BLOG, hp 6510 b211 aGE i DO

Customer Question

6510 NO BLACK jUST READING THE BLOG
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: hp 6510 b211 aGE i DO NOT IT WAS GIVEN TO ME BUT PRISTINE. tHE pRINT qa REPORT SHOWS NO BLACK OR VERY LITTLE
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC WIN7PRO
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have only just got it. The ink levels were low so I bought a new set, Have done all the alignment etc. The black stripe on the QA report just got worse. I removed the black cartridge after cleaning and deep cleaning the heads, and have dropped a few drops of IPA through the gauze filter, but no improvement. I suppose I need to s remove the head asssembly
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 6 months ago.

You were given a printer, and you don't know it's provenance, yet you're surprised that it isn't working perfectly?

I am trying to figure out from what you've said what your precise complaint is. "No black just reading the blog" -- it won't print in black? The black cartridge is out?

Suggestion: you can do fine with just the under-utilized color cartridge by, e.g., pulling up a Word document, selecting all the text, and changing its color to dark navy blue. This is close enough to black to make it easy to read but (a) doesn't require the black cartridge while (b) expending the color cartridge, which typically sits there nearly totally unused.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It was `printing quite well but the black disappeared. If you observe the QA report the black line had a problem half way through the stripe and now there is nothing there, so no black printing at all the colour stripes are OK. But I will not waste your time, I do not wish to pay more for your answer. Thank you. Peter

If you posed a clear question, it would be easier to get a precise answer.