crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

When I add my printer officejet 6700 premium to my lap top

Customer Question

when I add my printer officejet 6700 premium to my lap top it keeps showing as fax and I can print
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: H7
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: mac el capitan model H711n
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We got a new router from Cox and I had to get tech support for our desk top. We reinstalled the software and did other stuff to get it to work. but I discovered the same problem with my lap top. I down loaded the soft ware again but it shows up as a fax and not the printer
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 8 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

It is likely that the "Fax" version of the printer is being used as a default instead of the printer.

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.

Click the “Default printer” pop-up menu, then choose the printer option instead of fax.

Are you able to select the printer as default and print properly now?

Happy New Year!

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.