Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have a workforce WF-2760. it prints from the PC, scans,

Customer Question

I have a workforce WF-2760. it prints from the PC, scans, sends faxes. also prints out configuration and status reports. there is paper properly loaded. I am trying to make copies of a three page letter However, I keep getting the message that the "paper source setting is invalid" and to touch detail. when i touch detail I am asked for the paper size. I enter "letter" , one copy and am directed to press the start key. The start key then says "paper spurce invalid. so what do I do?
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: New, maybe 1 month old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: A PC. But I am not trying to print from the PC. That function works fine. I am only trying to make copies from the printer itself.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't know. I am at my elderly mother's house. My brother bought her this printer just before Thanksgiving. No one noticed this before because they didn't need to copy a document
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

check on the printer menu what paper it thinks that it has in each tray. It should be plain and letter for the cassette

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I had already tried that. But, I just did it again and received the same response.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
not for $39 dollars. the answer you already provided was something I already did myself. I do not want to pay more and end up with a simple response that does not solve the problem.

I don't know what you have tried yet. I have to start with the most obvious solutions

What is happening is that for some reason the copy is set to go to a tray or type of paper that the printer thinks is not where it is supposed to print to

The next thing to check is everything about the copy

Is it too large is it supposed to shrink it expand is it set to go to a different tray