Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have a stylus nx300 4 in one unit had an issue with copy

Customer Question

i have a stylus nx300 4 in one unit had an issue with copy mode seems operational functioning but will not print -no trouble notice about low ink and do not how to access ink cartriges without the change cartridge prompt.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: 2008 epson stylus nx300 with epson ink cartridges #69 black purchased from staples
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: i use this unit as fax /copier not connected to a computer but originally used in conjunction with a apple mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: in my application unit has worked for approximately 4 years roughly 10 days ago during a incoming fax the transmission was interrupted i turned off the unit and when i turned the on and tried to use in the copier mode the scan and printer function looked and sounded normal but the ink function did not print
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Printer Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: ok
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

You are ab;e to copy like Xerox but cannot print from the computer. Right?

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Mac OS X 10.11?

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
THE PROBLEM IS IN PRINTING FUNCTION I USE THE UNIT AS A FAX MACHINE AND COPIER (XEROX) NOT CONNECTED TO MY COMPUTER . THE UNIT IN COPY MODE WILL SHOW A TROUBLE MESSAGE TO CHANGE THE CARTRIDGE AND ALLOW ACCESS TO THE CARTRIDGES FOR REPLACEMENT. I CAN'T ACCESS THE CARTRIDGES WITHOUT OPERATING THROUGH THE CHANGE COMMAND.