Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Canon MX920. I got a message to turn off and unplug…

Customer Question
I have a Canon...

I have a Canon MX920. I got a message to turn off and unplug the machine and contact a service person. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Never done it before. Wait a sec and I will see if I can find out how long we have had it. Probably around 7 or 8 years. serial # is ADFB21826. Does that help?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Apple PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I don't remember anything out of the ordinary. I just tried to print and it popped up.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/30/2016
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 1 year ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

It is very likely that the printer needs to be serviced/repaired. Printers normally last around 3-4 years without any issues so for it to last 7-8 years is pretty awesome.

Have you powered off the printer and powered it back on?

Happy New Year!

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.