Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have a Canon PIXMA 492 printer that will not print. I have

Customer Question

I have a Canon PIXMA 492 printer that will not print. I have tried troubleshooting and even going through the set-up all over again. i have had it for a while and it was working fine until a couple of weeks ago. It seems the wireless LAN no longer recognizes the printer.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No - never did this before. It is roughly a year old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC withOS X, 10.10.5
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 2-3 weeks. I tried downloading some encrypted from that I needed to fill out for a security clearance application. That occurred about the time this started.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

First, setup wireless on the printer by following the instructions in the link below.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART117459&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1483124392093

Then, follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>