John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My MacBook was emptied, backed up onto a reserve item. When

Customer Question

My MacBook was emptied, backed up onto a reserve item. When I came home, it would not communicate with my MP620 Canon printer. Light is on, and printer would not even turn off. Help?
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Maybe 8 years old. It only did it right after I came home from Genius Bar where they cleaned out my MacBook. There they said to go home and print off some documents they kept on it for me, expecting it to work. No luck. This printer has been awesome. Nothing ever wrong with it!
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: OSX El Capitan I tried the installment disk. But...
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: My computer was backed up for me, as I had been hacked in my bank accounts.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that the printer has no problem, I am sure. It is the communication between my MacBook and the printer . Thanks.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 7 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Did you add the printer back to your Mac since it was cleared by the Genius bar?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Josh, I have to sign off. Too Leary of fraud since last attempt with an 844 # that was fraudulent. Goodby

Our company has been around for 10+ years and rated A+ on the BBB as well.

I understand that you have been contacted by a scam company before and that you are hesitant so take your time and think about it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks

You're welcome.