John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just got a Canon MG6800 which is printing files from my

Customer Question

I just got a Canon MG6800 which is printing files from my computer very well. However when I try to print a page from the internet I only get the header and footer to print???
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I just got the Canon for Christmas.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It's an old PC running windows 7? I think
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I haven't noticed this problem before until I went to my daughter's house to print a cruise itinerary (off the internet) mid November.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How do I get the system without losing you?
Category: Printers
Expert:  MikeW replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you. I'd like to connect to your pc and take a look at what is going on. Please let me know when you are ready.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm ready.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No. That's too high a cost. Just answer.
Expert:  MikeW replied 9 months ago.

Please click on the link below and follow the prompts to download and run the file.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3e23f126-f254-4d6c-ac23-5c0af2130493

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Too much.
Expert:  MikeW replied 9 months ago.

What is too much? It doesn't cost anything more for what I'm doing. Please disregard and premium offers as they are generated by the site.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've had a computer for 30+ years. I've never had to pay anyone and I certainy don't need to hire an on-going service. Sorry.
Expert:  MikeW replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry. I thought you had paid for this one problem. I didn't know you had subscribed to anything else.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have not subscribed to anything. The site gave seberal examples that cost $23 to answer. I'll go with that but I wont pay $59 or a monthly service.
Expert:  MikeW replied 9 months ago.

It's ok. It won't cost anything more for me to connect to your pc and help you with this. Just don't click to accept any of those offers.

Expert:  MikeW replied 9 months ago.

If for some reason it doesn't let me know and I can remote into your pc and do it for you.

Expert:  MikeW replied 9 months ago.

sorry please disregard my last message. It was for someone else.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can't see the disclaimer now, all I can see is a $59 charge If I agree to 'Securely connect"
Expert:  MikeW replied 9 months ago.

please close that window and I'll send it again.

Expert:  MikeW replied 9 months ago.

http://If for some reason it doesn't let me know and I can remote into your pc and do it for you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This site has irritated me. Sorry to waste your time and mine
Expert:  MikeW replied 9 months ago.

ok. thank you.