Printers

I'm trying to find the WPS pin for my printer for wireless…

Customer Question
Hello, I'm trying to...

Hello, I'm trying to find the WPS pin for my printer for wireless printing,

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

HP envy 7640 It's a couple of months old.

Technician's... Read full answer

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Its a PC hp amd a6 series

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I was just trying to set up my printer for wireless printing.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
12/24/2016
Technician: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. To get the printer connected

to your wi-fi

From the printer control panel, touch (Wireless).
Touch (Settings)
Touch Wireless Settings
Touch Wireless Setup Wizard

The printer will search for wireless networks. When you see your wireless network listed

select it and then enter your wi-fi password ***** requested.

The printer will configure the connection and notify you that it has succeeded.

I did that, and when I tried to add the printer to my laptop it asked my to input the WPS pin from the printer, but I can't find the pin.

Are you trying to set up HP print direct?

Hp Print direct is where the printer broadcasts it's own wireless network and you connect directly

to it without going through the router.

The other way is to run the wi-fi setup wizard and get the printer connected

to your wireless network (router) and then add the printer from your laptop.

See if you can find the printer PIN this way.

From the main menu, hit the wireless symbol, the the "settings" symbol (the gear wheel). Then click on "wireless settings" then "wi-fi protected setup", then "PIN". Your PIN will be displayed there.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Could not get rid of lines on my old envy 7640 so bought
could not get rid of lines on my old envy 7640 so bought another. i've entered the pin provided. it won't work. printer says connected to wifi but computer not recognizing printer … read more
Printer and Office Equip. Specialist,
Engineering Diploma
I can't get my printer hooked to my lap top. Nor can I print
I can't get my printer hooked to my lap top. Nor can I print from my phone … read more
Sheri
Sheri
Bought hp envy printer 5052. need wps pin to connect
Bought hp envy printer 5052. need wps pin to connect laptop.where do I find it … read more
Benjie
Benjie
Technical Support,
Stop searching for answers—
How do I get my HP printer back online for printing?
How do I get my HP printer back online for printing? … read more
Suhasini Velu
Suhasini Velu
Bachelor of Engineering
I have a new HP all-in-one computer (wireless) and a
I have a new HP all-in-one computer (wireless) and a wireless HP Envy 7640 printer (wireless) that I already had before I got the new computer. I cannot add the printer to the computer. It wants a WPS… read more
Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B
ICT Support 1/2/3/ Line,
Information Technology
One computer is able to print and the other computer will
One computer is able to print and the other computer will not. The computer that does not work wants a PIN. I cannot find this PIN anywhere in the material from HP. … read more
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Where can I find the WPS PIN # FOR MY HP office jet pro
where can I find the WPS PIN # FOR MY HP office jet pro 8710? … read more
Uran
Uran
IT Consultant, Network and System Admin,
Network Administration
I have connected my printer to my wireless network... Where
I have connected my printer to my wireless network... Where can I find the WPS pin Envy 7640? … read more
AAS Information Technology
I cannot find the WPS pin on my HP envy 7640 series printer.
I cannot find the WPS pin on my HP envy 7640 series printer. Serial #TH52Q2717R … read more
Printer and Office Tech,
How do I connect my printer yo my new wifi? Envy 7640, Mac,
I just change the wifi The printer was well connected to same company, Spectrum But now I have a new password ***** user name for the wifi … read more
I'd like to know why the HPEnvy 7640 does not print in color
I'd like to know why the HPEnvy 7640 does not print in color after the new color cartridge was installed? … read more
Sean T
Sean T
IT Techncian,
I just chatted with you about the color cartridge and
I just chatted with you about the color cartridge and somehow lost the connection. … read more
Sean T
Sean T
IT Techncian,
Stop searching for answers—
THE WPS PIN NUMBER FOR MY 7640 SERIES PRINTER? ONE YEAR OLD
ONE YEAR OLD MAKE HP ESDGOB140104NVY 7640 MODLE NO. … read more
Computer Technican,
Can't get my HP ENVY 5660 to print, Have only had it for a
this has happened before. I just got back from being gone for a month. What is the WPN PIN. A screen keeps asking for it. I talked to a tech or two BEFORE i LEFT & THEY HAD NO IDEA WHAT IT WAS. … read more
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard
IT Technician,
I have install the HP ENVY 5660 on the desktop computer. NOw
I have install the HP ENVY 5660 on the desktop computer. NOw I'm trying to install it on my laptop. Screen says it needs a wps pin...where do I find that out? … read more
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert
I bought new HP ENVY 7640 coupled mos.ago. Went through set
Hi. I bought new HP ENVY 7640 coupled mos.ago. Went through set up. Been printing, but few problems. We\hen go into HP Support it does not recognize, but still recognizes old 7r520 … read more
technicalcat
technicalcat
Hewlett-Packard - Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer,
Hewlett-Packard - Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Multi-Function Printer, Other hardware - Null Print - HP ENVY 7640 series - Error 0x800f020b … read more
IT Manager,
Recently changed the ink cartridges in my printer (HP ENVY
recently changed the ink cartridges in my printer (HP ENVY 7640 all in one) printer now refuses to print...fax mode appears on screen followed by "printer fails to respond" … read more
Printer and Office Tech,