Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

Cant get it to print. when i try to print it pulls the paper

Customer Question

Cant get it to print. when i try to print it pulls the paper from the cassett but then gets jammed
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: workforce3640
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc windows. it worked when i first got it then a couple days ago i printed an envelope and thats when i encountered the problem
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i printed up an envelope from the back and now everything i try to print gets jammed
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Have you checked for any stuck pieces of torn paper inside the paper path?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
all clear

Approximately how old is the printer?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Maybe 3months

Ok, if the paper path is clear then the only other possible cause would be a mechanical fault that is preventing the paper from feeding in correctly.

This type of fault would be unusual on a 3 month old printer.

Since the printer is still under warranty, your best course of action would be to contact the retailer or get in touch directly with Epson to arrange a repair:

https://epson.com/estore-help

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I figured it out and since i figured it out by myself i need the withdrawls of $5 & $18 off my account

I am user of this site just like you, so I don't have any insight into your account, however you can contact the Customer Service department at http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for assistance.
You should see an option in the upper right corner of that page to contacting them via email, chat, or phone.