Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Why can i print and I can't clean my Fuji 100

Customer Question

why can i print and I can't clean my Fuji 100
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When I go into DX Tool and select anything it says can not communicate with printer. The printer and the serial number show up at the top in the DX tool. I can print a test page from my printer and I can print from my programs but I have lines on my prints and I know that I must have a clogged nozzle.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com; I am Russell H., an Expert here at JustAnswer.com, and I will do what I can to answer your question as well as it can be answered.

Lines on the prints does indeed mean something like a clogged 'nozzle' or ink-dispensing micropore in the printer.

The advisable thing to try first, is to do a Head Cleaning on the printer, then a pause unused for 20 minutes to several hours (for waste ink to soak into the problem printhead micropore(s)) then do another Head Cleaning, another pause unused for a time, then a third Head Cleaning and then try printing again, and see if the problem is cured.

(A Head Cleaning, is a function that is available on most printers in their Maintenance Menu under Setup options, usually. Tell me what maker and model # of printer you have and I will be able to give more specific instructions as to how to initiate the Head Cleaning function.)

As for not being able to communicate with the printer, again, that depends upon the printer's maker and model #. Let me know, and I will instruct you, if you will tell me where (the printer's screen, the computer's screen perhaps, or the camera's screen) the error about being unable to communicate is being displayed. And I will advise you further.

Thanks.