John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

How do I fax on my Cannon MX472, About 3 yrs. PC not sure of

Customer Question

How do I fax on my Cannon MX472
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: About 3 yrs.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC not sure of OS
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I am trying to send fax with printer and now with computer.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have sent fax with printer before.
Category: Printers
Expert:  MikeW replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you with this issue today. You should be able to fax directly from the printer by placing the page(s) you want to fax in the feeder, select fax, and dial the number on the number pad. Just make sure the phone cable is plugged into the printer.

Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

First, you need a phone line and connect it to the fax. Then you need to press FAX icon button, enter the phone number including 1, like*********** then press the Black button and it should start.

You can also download the user manual from here: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-series-inkjet/mx472

Thank you, ***** ***** a blessed day!

Please do not leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with the manufacturer. I do not work for them.
====
Please let me know if you need more assistance by using the reply box below, I'm happy to discuss further. :) If not, please take a moment to rate my personal answer to you.
=====
Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!
=====