Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

It keeps restarting itself, Epson WP-4530, I have tried both

Customer Question
It keeps restarting itself JA: What's...
It keeps restarting itself
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Epson WP-4530
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I have tried both Mac and PC. On the PC it is Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: on the MAC 10.6.8
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just started today. I tried to print some photos
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/6/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or logic board. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2012 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising as this machine was designed and built for only a 3 year service life.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; at that point it is time for a new printer. While it can be fixed, it is not practical to do so. You'd be in the $150 range to have the internal power supply replaced, and a logic board would run you $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Nathan, Engineer