John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I'm trying to hook up my new printer. I'm getting an error

Customer Question

I'm trying to hook up my new printer. I'm getting an error code oxE8
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: wf-3640 I haven't put ink in yet....was trying to set language, date, time, etc and hit the back arrow it started making noise like it was going to run, whe error code came on I turned off immediately, then opened top to look inside.....the first time it happened I noticed that I had forgotten to take take off a small blue piece on side next to ink holder, then took it out and removed tape and put it back in....I think I have it in correct position....it's loose.....but ink holder is all the way on the opposite side now what
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC os ? windows
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: about 20 min. I had just finished entering date, time, etc
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that I'm a novice at doing this, my husband connected our first 3640 this is a replacement because tech support said the other one couldn't be fixed and was still under warranty. My husband just died last month and I am trying to find my way in my new world
Category: Printers
Expert:  technicalcat replied 8 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Where are you seeing this error code? Is it on the printer display on the printer itself, or do you see this error on your computer?