Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

HP Officejet 7500A Wide formt. I get a black line on copies

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Could you test if you get those lines from both the auto feeder and direct from the glass?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
From auto feeder

Thanks for confirming.

This will be the result of contamination in the ADF. Lift the lid over the adf and check carefully with a flashlight for any scraps of paper, stray staples or paperclips, etc. Clean all exposed rubber wheels/rollers with qtips and rubbing alcohol. Blow it out with compressed air, then close it back up.

Lift the lid over the glass, then clean the underside of the lid on the far left side carefully, focusing on the thin plastic strip there (which is what guides the scanned page into the output tray), which is where the most dust tends to accumulate causing lines.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The lines are still there

Check the underside again, that plastic strip is the most likely source of the problem. You need to clean thoroughly on both sides of it, try doing so with a qtip and some windex or rubbing alcohol.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The cleaning of the strip; cleared it. Thanks

Great, I'm glad that worked for you.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,