Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a Canon 3 in one printer MG7160. Just recently the

I have a Canon 3 in one printer MG7160. Just recently the scanning operation has stopped working even though I can still print and copy. It has been suggested to me that I need a new scanner driver but I do not know how to get one. Please help.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No it has not and I would guess 2-3 years.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am using a MAC and I am not sure which operating system but it is updated regularly.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't scan that often but have not been able to over the last month or so. I am wanting to scan photos for an electronic scrapbook for my granddaughter.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of. I am 78 years old but am used to computers having used them since the 80s.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you. I look forward to an answer
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No thank you. Just tell me what I need to do. I do not allow anyone to connect to my computer. I did once and it was costly.

Click here this will let you download and install the full featured driver software and then you can start scanning

Secure Remote Assistance is an additional service which is an offer to our customers for speedy result as an expert works directly on the problem and it saves time and money.
Its totally up to you to choose or deny the service as its an "optional" service.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have downloaded CANON IJ that you sent but still don't seem to be able to scan

you need to install the currently installed printer driver completely from the computer and then reboot it before you reinstall it back again.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry but I don't understand what you mean. Could you please spell out the steps.

To fix the problem uninstall the currently installed Printer Driver

Disconnect the USB cable between the Macintosh and your printer.

Reboot the Macintosh.

Log on as an "Administrator" or the primary user account you initially created when you got your mac

Select System Preferences from the Apple Menu.

Click the Printer & Fax icon.

press and hold down the Option key on the keyboard while clicking the ( - ) minus sign on the print & scan window. Click on Reset Printing System.

incase there is no printer in the list then press and hold down the Control key while holding down press the + sign to add the printer. Select your printer from the list.

How to uninstall the Scanner Driver:

Disconnect the USB cable between the Mac and your printer machine.

Reboot the Macintosh.

Log on as an "Administrator".

Select MacintoshHD => Library => Image Capture to open the Twain Data Sources folder.

Delete the printer TWAIN.ds.

Then, you need to delete the ICA driver.
Select MacintoshHD => Library => Image Capture to open the Devices folder.

Delete the Scanner.
*You will find this Scanner file only when the bundled printer driver is installed. If you do not find Scanner file, please go to Step 8.

If you are using a color printer/scanner, you need to delete the Color Profiles.
Select MacintoshHD => Library => ColorSync to open the Profiles folder.

Drag the Scanner.icc file into the Trash bin.
*If you see several Scanner.icc files, please delete all of them.

Empty the trash bin.

Reboot the Mac.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have installed a new scanner driver and a new version of the program that receives the scanned images but still can't scan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My landline number is ***** 7 32799512

please open the website www.teamviewer.com

in the page that opens click on start full version

it will download a file teamviewer exe

click on the file to open\run it

once its installed, the temviewer window will open

let me know the id and password ***** on left side of the window

if required i can call you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My id is###-##-####and my password ***** *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The above no. is my mobile. My landline is 61 7 32799512.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nothing seems to be happening.

i will call you in 3 to 5 mins my phone is busy allow me some time.

thanks for your patience. will call you in another minute or 2