John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Just purchased HL-L6200dw laser printer to replace

Customer Question

just purchased HL-L6200dw laser printer to replace 5470=dw.to work with my Imc 20 apple computer. I loaded the dvd/cd in diskette reader. I changed system preference icon with HL-L6200dw as systems printer. The iMac20 doesn't print any articles I asked to print. What comes out is two sided sheet.My iMac20 os is the latest Ios9 or ios10.Please help me correct this problem... Urgent .. need to print proposals for clients.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The model just purchased yesterday at Staples HL-L6200dw.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Imac20 purchased about a year ago ..OS ios9
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had trouble with replaced 5470dw also.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  BobJamIT replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help.
Please give me just a bit to look over the question and do some initial research.
Thanks,
Bob

Please Note:
After my 2nd response, an automatic "Premium Service" offer will be made. Please feel free to disregard it, we can revisit that type of service later if necessary.

Often the software that is packaged with a new printer doesn't have the very latest drivers for the newer operating systems. I would suggest uninstalling the printer, and uninstalling the old printer if it is still there, then going to this site to download and install the latest printer for your computer:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hll6200dw_us_as&os=132

Please let me know what the result is.

Thanks,

Bob

Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks,

Bob