John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Error 0x97. I cancelled jobs in print queue and removed

Customer Question

error 0x97. I cancelled jobs in print queue and removed paper jam. turned printer off, then on again. Still will not print - seems to be problem with paper feed. Checked to make sure type of paper is correct on printer and in program.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: WF-7610
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Using PowerPoint to print on glossy stock. Success with 5 sheets. Has jammed before, but usually clearing the jam and printing 1 at a time works
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do I need to do anything more than cancelling jobs in queue?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

What exactly happens when you try to print?

Do you get any error messages, if so please send them to me exactly as they appear.

Does the paper misfeed?

Please be as descriptive as you can, that way I can assess the situation and help you resolve it.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Was just able to print on regular paper but printer is still not feeding smoothly, I am not at all happy with the way this live chat is conducted! The so-called Free Trial is not well presented! I got suckered into being charged for someone to ask me questions I'd already answered. How do I get a refund?
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

All you said was there was a problem with the paper feed. You didnt say if the paper misfeeds askew, or if it crumples, or if it doesnt feed at all.

And while you did include the 0x97 error code, I asked for the full and exact error code including the wording..

Patience and communication is the key to any successful support process. With that being said, if you dont want to continue, here is the refund link.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

If you do want to continue, this is something I can help you with..

Dustin S.