Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Paper jam in the cartridge area of my 1536dnf MFP that I

Customer Question
Hi Richard -- Paper jam...
Hi Richard -- Paper jam in the cartridge area of my 1536dnf MFP that I can't clear. There is no visible paper;
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP Laser Jet 1536dnf MFP
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: About two years old
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Windows 7 Professional
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It just happened about an hour ago when I tried to print an envelope and it wouldn't feed. After that, the paper jam message appeared and i haven't been able to clear it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
11/27/2016
Technician: BobJamIT,
 replied 1 year ago
BobJamIT

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help.
When a printer reports a paper jam, but there is no obvious jam, it is likely 1 of 2 things causing it:

1. There is a very small piece of paper stuck somewhere that is simply difficult to see.

2. The sensor that reports a paper jam has been disturbed in some way.

Whichever it is is resolved only by carefully looking where the paper would be, best to get a flashlight, and just looking for anything that is out of place.

I do hope this information helps.
Thanks,
Bob

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Bob,I have done all that. I took the printer to my shop and examined it closely from all angles with a pair of 200 watt flood lights and a high intensitity tactical flash light. After carefully examining the entire printer, I cleaned the printer with compressed air. That created the expected dust and paper lint but the alarm still indicated that there is a paper jam in the cartridge area. Can you tell me where the sensor is?
Technician: BobJamIT,
 replied 1 year ago

After my 2nd response, an automatic "Premium Service" offer will be made. Please feel free to disregard it, as it will not help in this case.

Please give me a few moments to do some research.

Thanks,

Bob

Technician: BobJamIT,
 replied 1 year ago

I have an idea, but please confirm - did the envelope print at all, half way, or just nothing? Did the envelope feed part way, but then was pulled out because of the error?

Technician: BobJamIT,
 replied 1 year ago

OK, either way, please check the Windows Print Queue, here's how:
1. Click the "Windows" button (start button).
2. Click on "Computer" (in the right-side menu).
3. Double-click the "C" drive.
4. Look for and double-click the "Windows" folder.
5. Look for and double-click the "System32" folder.
6. Look for and double-click the "spool" folder.
7. Look for and double-click the "PRINTERS" folder.

--> Are there any files in the "PRINTERS" folder?
If there are files in the "PRINTERS" folder, delete them all.
If you receive any message to confirm the deletion of the files, please confirm it positively - we need those files to be gone.
If you receive any message that indicates you cannot delete them; a constant "Try Again" option, then we need to put this part on hold for a moment (do not close this folder) and see below the ***s below.

***********************************
For a constant "Try again" when trying to delete files in the "PRINTERS" folder:
2. In the "Search" field, type "services.msc" - you should see Services.msc above.
3. Right-click Services.msc and choose "Run as administrator".
When the "Services" screen pops up.
a. Find and double-click "Print Spooler".
b. In the "Print Spooler Properties" screen, click the "Stop" button.
--> Now we need to go back to the "PRINTERS" folder and delete all the files.
Once all the files are deleted, close the "PRINTERS" folder.
c. Back in the "Print Spooler Properties" screen, click the "Start" button.
- There should be a progress bar that fairly quickly finishes.

At this point, close everything that has been opened.

Try printing something - what is the result?

Technician: BobJamIT,
 replied 1 year ago

I hope the information I provided helped. Please let me know if I can help further.

Thanks,

Bob

BobJamIT
BobJamIT
BobJamIT