Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have an error to replace depleted cartridges before

Customer Question
resuming printing but i just...
i have an error to replace depleted cartridges before resuming printing but i just did recently replace all cartridges. this is for an HP 8500A officejet pro.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
11/26/2016
Technician: Jennifer French, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today with your printer issue.

When you replaced your cartridges, for some reason it didn't register. Perhaps a bad contact. Sometimes this happens.

I have found that the best way to remedy this is to remove the cartridges and then unplug the printer for about 5 minutes.

Then plug the printer back in and let it warm up WITHOUT the cartridges. The printer will tell you to install the cartridges again. Just follow the instructions that it gives you.

After you do that, turn the printer off and back on and then try to do a test print.

For all intents and purposes, it should work then.

If this DOESN'T work, please reply to the thread and I will see if there is anything else that we can do.

If it DID work, please kindly rate my answer with 5-stars in the top right hand corner of the thread. It will be greatly appreciated as this is how we receive credit for assisting you.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Were you able to resolve this?

Jennifer French
Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician