technicalcat
technicalcat,
65369237

We cannot figure out how to connect our computers with the

Customer Question

We cannot figure out how to connect our computers with the Epson printer to print wirelessle
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 months...purchased in August when leaving for college
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac Book Pro....brand new
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: have never got it to work.....tried many times in the dorm. Have now brought it home to see if someone else can figure it out before I leave today to go back
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a room mate and want her to be able to print as well
Category: Printers
Expert:  technicalcat replied 8 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Have you already disconnected and reconnected the printer to your wireless network? You would do this using the display and buttons on the printer itself (NOT the computer). You will need to select your wireless network (SSID), and enter the password. Please do not use WPS. Let me know if you've done this, and the results. Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have tried that but don't know how to enter the wi fi password ***** there is no keyboard on the printer. How do you type anything?

What is the model of this printer?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Epson XP-430

You should see a "virtual" keyboard pop up on the little display on the printer when you get to the part where you enter the key. From here, follow the directions below to continue entering the password (basically, you'll be using the arrow keys to type). Note that it can be tedious, but once you enter the password ***** and connect, you shouldn't have to re-enter again unless you change the network key.

Press the arrow buttons to highlight a character or a function button displayed on the keypad. Then press the OK button to select it. • To change the case of letters or select symbols, select AB12 (uppercase), ab12 (lowercase), or Symbol and press the OK button. Then highlight a number or symbol and press the OK button to select it. • To enter a space, select Space and press the OK button. • To delete characters, select the back arrow and press the OK button. • When you finish entering characters, select Done and press the OK button

Once you connect to your wireless, check to see if the computers are working. If not, please re-run the printer driver/installation, select wireless, and follow the instructions to finish connecting the computers to the printer. This should fix things for you, but you must first connect the printer to your wireless as shown above. If you have any other troubles, please follow up with me.

Please remember to rate my time and help before you go by clicking the STARS or accept button.
This is my job, and the only way I receive credit for helping you is from a positive rating.
Rating costs nothing more, and I continue to help with a satisfaction guarantee after rating, so please rate now.
Thank You.