Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

I try print something and is coming message on the screen

Customer Question

good morning
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: i try print something and is coming message on the screen printer paper jam
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: dcp-117c it was happends more times but before i just plug off and plug in and everything was fine now i am playing already a half an hour
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc asus al in one i have got windows 7 still
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i just start print half an hour ago
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: only that
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello
still coming same message
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
helloI done everything what you said but still same problem
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Thanks

It is the internal paper sensor that has faulted, this now confirms it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the priner to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you