Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have changed the ink cartridges and it has charged but

Customer Question

i have changed the ink cartridges and it has charged but when checked only some black and some blue ink prints. I have cleaned the head as well.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Epson StylusNX420 i am using compatablevcartridges
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac Safari i have used these ink cartridges before and last week it printed color okay
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it just began today when I tried to print a photo and it is not printing red at all it came out as yellow instead
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

It very well may be, that you need a new printhead.. You can get a new printhead here, but they are tough to remove and install.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-F197000-Printhead-Print-Head-Epson-XP100-XP202-XP102-XP212-SX440-SX445-SX230-ME560W-ME535W-ME570W/32573759349.html?spm=2114.40010508.4.2.yTRSKu

While that is most likely what needs to be done, we should try a few other things as well.

First, have you tried resetting the printing system on your mac and reinstalling the printer. Here is how to reset the printing system

Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
Click Printers & Scanners.
In some versions of OS X, this preference is named Print & Scan or Print & Fax.
Control-click anywhere in the list of devices on the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the shortcut menu that appears.

Then, we need to reinstall the printer using the correct and newest driver from this page.

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/Epson-Stylus-Series/Epson-Stylus-NX420/s/SPT_C11CA80201

Once you have reinstalled the printer driver from that page, test print again.

if it still doesnt print correctly, there is one last thing we can try.. But I need you to respond after the above has completed and let me know the results of each step, and we will go from there.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Hello again, I havent heard back from you in a few days, did you still need help with this issue or did my suggestions help you resolve it. If you still need help, please send a reply so I can assist you further.

If everything is well, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to assist you.

Thank you,

Dustin S.