Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

For" H." HOW do I convert scanned documents into a PDF

Customer Question
for "RUSSELL H." HOW do I...
for "RUSSELL H."
HOW do I convert scanned documents into a PDF format so that I can copy the document and make changes?
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Printers
11/23/2016
Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 12 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator

My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,
Gina
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 12 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It is generally speaking better (more efficient) practice to do the scan itself into a PDF document format, if that is what you want to work with.

If that is not an option (for any of various reasons that I can imagine and understand), then coverting must be done, yes, but from what document type are you trying to convert into a PDF file?

In short, what is the File Type of the origin file that is to be converted, please?

(And also is it on an Apple computer system, or on a Windows PC system?)

Hello, you had helped me few days earlier taking over my computer.

Anyhow, particular document was prepared on Word program

and scanned. It shows:

vimla-change of venue 11-28-2016 foxit Reader PDF

I have no idea what it means.

I want to edit this document, copying etc.

OK. It should be a PDF file then.

(I recall our previous session: showing you how to scan into a READABLE/SEARCHABLE file of the PDF type.)

What is the problem with that document, please?

Can you open that document using the FoxIt Reader program? if not, it is not a PDF file, I would guess.

Once I click on a scanned document. This is what is see:

Clear

PDF/A Compliance

The current file is compliment with PDF/A and has been opened read-only to prevent modification

Enable editing

Once I click Enable Editing

Editing a PDF will cause the PDF to no longer comply with PDF/A. Are you sure you wish to continue.

Yes No.

I can't get it done what I want.

When you click or double-click on the file, what program does it open in? you can tell by the program name after a dash at the end of the file name displayed in the top bar or 'title bar' of the program window. E.g. "[filename] - Internet Explorer" means the file opened in I.E.

I am spending more time and still able to follow through.

Can you excess my computer ?

Not at this moment. The session of remote control would have to be interrupted by and by, and might not be completed. Would business hours tomorrow be OK for that session?

Ok. I will wait until tomorrow.

Sharma

I did not hear from you yesterday. I may be able to help you if it is convenient, within the next hour and a half, at least. Let me know by then, and I will set up the remote assistance session, etc.

Thanks.

John, Computer Science Engineer