John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Canon Pixma MX700 printer. It is 3-4 yrs old. Just

Customer Question

I have a Canon Pixma MX700 printer. It is 3-4 yrs old. Just three days ago it started to copy from the top window (and very very slowly) only half a page. This is interesting because if I send a signal from my computer it prints out as usual the entire page in color or bw. I am running a Mac Pro on OSX system. However, it isn't the computer causing the problem as just discussed.
Using only the Canon printer trying to copy a word puzzle from local paper or anything on the top window I get the same result. The half page (or about 1/3rd) the original comes out very shaded darker like I adjusted the lite to dark control, which I didn't.
Any help on trying to save this unit. It is a fantastic printer or was until now. Thanks, Joe
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Do you have tried to copy using the platen glass ?