jinsmn
jinsmn, Engineer
Experience:  CAN PROVIDE SOLUTIONS FOR ISSUES RELATED TO COMPUTERS AND RELATED HARDWARE EQUIPMENTS.
50064670

Photosmart 7520. Printer works fine on all commands from PC

Customer Question

Photosmart 7520. Printer works fine on all commands from PC (Windows 7) but the screen on the printer does not repond to any touch commands. Is there a reset button?
Category: Printers
Expert:  TechnicalByte replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

We dont want to reset it yet. Lets do a power cycle first before we do that. If it is reset, you will have to add

it back to your network, set it up on computer and on printer etc.

Please follow the document below and reply with results:

http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-an-HP-Photosmart-Printer

If the 'soft reset' doesnt work, you can wipe it to factory with the same link.

Please rate the 5 stars at the top of the page to close out this question as it is the only way i am

credited for the work done with clients. Or, reply to continue if further troubleshooting is necessary.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My printer still does not respond to any commands directly to the printer screen. I can print, scan and send faxes from my computer but cannot do photocopies.

When you go to your devices, and click on your printer, do you see a troubleshooting feature there?

We can try your drivers, your firmware etc. But if those fail, you will know if it is your actual

printer by factory resetting it.

if the printer menu isnt working then? It is something you will have to get looked at in person,

or you will have to contact the company and try to get your money back if you have a warranty.

How would you like to start?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can find no way to factory reset it from the computer, so the problem must be in the printer itself. Thank you.
Expert:  jinsmn replied 10 months ago.

It sounds like a hardware issue. Anyway please turn off the printer and disconnect all cables, including the power cable and the USB cable. Take out the toner/cartridges. Then hold down the Scan or Copy button for 60 seconds. Then connect the power cable and power ON the printer and insert the toner/cartridges. Check the result. If the touch screen is still not recoverable, it is a hardware issue. I would suggest contacting HP's Technical Support. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1 - 8 0 0 - 4 7 4 - 6 8 3 6 and for all other regions, click here.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The scan or copy button does not work. Nothing works except from the computer.
Expert:  jinsmn replied 10 months ago.

Forget about pressing Scan/Copy button while printer is off. Just put the printer in OFF state without any wires connected to it and cartridges removed for few minutes. Then ON the printer, insert the cartridge and check again. If problem still persists, call HP support while you are in front of the computer and the product. Be prepared to provide the following information: • Product name (HP Photosmart 7520 Series) • Serial number (located on the back or bottom of the product).

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for trying! Goodbye!