John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Now going through Comcast WIFI router. And since that

Customer Question

Now going through Comcast WIFI router. And since that happened can't send anything to the printer. printer says failed to connect.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Yes 2years 2months. MG5520
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, Lenova, Windows
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Well the router changed right before I went on vacation 3 weeks ago, tried to print out somthing for the trip and Printer error came up on the computer and that was it. Left for my trip and came home to try it again and same results. Tried to use the start up disc again, b ut when I get to the part that says push and hold down the+ + + + + + +
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: ----------------------------------------------------------------------********************** the wps button and press OK on the printer it says can noot connect.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of the new router?

On the printer's screen, when it asks to press the WPS button, do not press the OK button, but can you press the red Stop / Reset button, then select the Standard Setup option, then select / connect to your wi-fi / wireless network name and check?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok. It says use one access point only or use multiple access points

Please select one access point only. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please stay with me on this web page.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Your killing me. I got two notices that something is a miss with my credit card info. I did type everything correctly. Then I got s second notice saying the secret 3 number code is wrong so I put the numbers in again. And guess what???? It says something is wrong again. And why are you texting me this stuff?? Why can't we do this over the computer, i'm 70 and detailed texting is a major pain for me.

I'm sorry. Some how your payment is denied. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=39d81c50-bc4d-4bc2-9aca-7e49c42e14e7
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok it is rejected again . So unless someone wants to call me and get this cleared up instantly instead a stewing around with this texting. I guess we are at a standstill

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/hqump7s

, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry I got a bit frustrated and am going to walk the dogs now before dark. I'll do it when I get back

That's okay. What's your time zone? When can you be back? (it's about 3:45PM PST time now.)

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok....... I can't believe I'm doing this, but I had to take break cause I was near brain dead. 1st I'm having a written coversation on my computer at your site. Then magically it stops and jumps to my cell phone. No warning. I am 70 yrs old only use the text feature for short items. Doing this text is a major pain for me. So I do try to go with it and them I'm trying to do all tha stuff in the computer section of the phone. This really sucks for me. I take a break. Go to the computer and try to start all over, explain my situation and the transfer me to ......... wait for it........... a lawyer!! I say don't know why they sent me to you if you can't fix my printer problem. I get no response. It gets better. On a lark I check my email and I got sent a bunch of email, of course no one said go to you eamail. Here's the deal. You want to try to help me you got my phone number, call me then maybe we can set up the remote access as you talk me through it. Oh yessss my credit card info got declined so I reentered it all again as before perfectly correctly and declined again. Who would have guessed it. LOL! Tag your it!
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system? (1) You are not having as much difficulty as you think. This conversation takes place on your computer. A notification is sent to your email whenever you get a response, but you can simply ignore those and stay on the computer. They occur in parallel with this, and you aren't missing anything. (2) Your credit card is being denied because your credit card company does not recognize this internet charge as valid. You can call the Customer Service number on the back of the card and tell them that you wan to be charges for this service. Then we can continue, and I can get your printer working for you. (3) Relax. This is easier than you think.