Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Color prints fine; black does not. Replaced both cartridges,

Customer Question

Color prints fine; black does not. Replaced both cartridges, no change. Did deep cleaning, no change. Settings indicates both cartridges full.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Canon MX 310. Never had any problem before.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac. OS X 10.9.5
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I printed a 24 page document, all black print. Black cartridge ran out. I replaced it, and this problem "popped up".
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think you have asked all relevant questions.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Followed your directions, no change.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

Are you able to copy like Xerox without using the computer?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not able to copy
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As for printing it goes throu the motions, but nothing appears on the paper.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

Please clean the printhead and align it by following the instructions in the link below.

Clean printhead : https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART123387&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1479758157476

Deep clean too.

Align the printhead : https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART123456&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1479758256817

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your help,Customer I replaced the black with a fresh one, and all was well. My cartridge was a dud. Nothing was wrong with the printer.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

I am glad to hear that. That is why I said if any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You didn't say anything about changing cartridges.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

I apologize that you did not see that.

If you scroll up, you can see that. Anyway I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Right you are!!!
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

That is alright. I am glad that it is resolved.

If you have any issues, please be back.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks again.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

You are most welcome! be back if you have any issues.

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can't believe I was charged an additional $18 for that. Plus, I did change the "other" cartridge at the start.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

If you have charged anything more, please contact our customer support t get a refund.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Thank you.

S H E F I N