Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I just put in a new ink cartridge and attempted to print a

Customer Question
doc. The result was print...
I just put in a new ink cartridge and attempted to print a doc. The result was print in micro-size letters. Too tiny to read. What might be the problem.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: MFCJ8700W
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Microsoft windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just inserted a new cartridge and hit the print button. The text came out in teeny letters too small to read
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I attempted to search the print options window for how to escape this small size print and could not find a source...
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Printers
11/21/2016
Technician: BobJamIT,
 replied 12 months ago
BobJamIT

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help.
Please give me just a bit to look over the question and do some initial research.
Thanks,
Bob

I inserted a new ink cartridge and sent a doc to print. Print was in micro-sized letters that were unreadable. Checked in the print options windows to look for print sizes and could find none. Very baffling.
Technician: BobJamIT,
 replied 12 months ago

After my 2nd response, an automatic "Premium Service" offer will be made. Please feel free to disregard it, we can revisit that type of service later if necessary.

I have a follow up question - where did you "hit the print button"; on the printer or on the computer? Was it something you had already tried printing, prior to changing the cartridge? was it a test page?

Thanks,

Bob

Technician: BobJamIT,
 replied 12 months ago

Have you tried a regular Test Page from the printer?

Here's how in Windows 10:

- Click the 'Windows' (Start) button [bottom-left]

- Start typing "Control Panel" --> you will see "Control Panel" as an option to click on, above where you typed it.

- Click on "Control Panel"

- In the Control Panel, click on "Devices and Printers"

- You should see your printer listed there --> Right-Click on your printer and select "Printer properties", it should be about the sixth item from the top.

- In the 'properties' screen, there is a "Print Test Page" button in the lower-right - click it and see if the print looks normal.

Let me know what happens?

Technician: BobJamIT,
 replied 12 months ago

Just following up. Do you still need assistance this the printer?

Thanks,

Bob

John, Computer Science Engineer