Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I cannot fax, Canon MX492, 1 year, PC Toshiba windows 10,

Customer Question
I cannot fax JA: What's the...
I cannot fax
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Canon MX492, 1 year
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Toshiba windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since I bought it,1 yr ago, but have not needed until now for critical faxes from home
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thankyou
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
11/18/2016
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 1 year ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

have you installed fax to use the fax function?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where do I check?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is your product & I don't intend to pay you for my product that doesn't do what it is supposed to do

how is it connected to the computer is it on the usb?

Power off the printer and then you need to uninstall the already installed printer driver from the computer and then reboot computer.

Download and install the full featured driver software which includes the fax setup and you can install it and configure the fax.

Need any remote assistance let me know.

Driver download link given below.

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNjUzMTAy&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert