John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an Epson WF2650 and I have scanned several pictures

Customer Question

I have an Epson WF2650 and I have scanned several pictures using all of the file types offered and I cannot manipulate them in Publisher.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Purchased a few months ago, model C531A
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, Windows 8
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: First time I have scanned on this printer. Other printers I had no problems.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just need to be able to manipulate the pictures in Publisher.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is the way you want to manipulate the scanned documents in Publisher, a way involving text?

I would presume so.

If so, please let me know, and let me know what computer type you have - Windows PC, or Apple computer - and I will advise you as to what to do, or what might be lacking that would enable the scans to be usable in Publisher as text. Let me know, by Reply To Expert. Thanks.