Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

The paper is jamming...but someone told me that it might be

Customer Question
Thank you... the paper is...
Thank you... the paper is jamming...but someone told me that it might be needing cleaning... that i need to go to setting...Ok... if I am at setting now how can I have the printer to start cleaning itself? I believe that what it needs it cleaning because I have not been having the wifi on, specially at night time when it kicks in to clean... what option do I choose to start the cleaning? I will appreciate your help, thank you
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Old about 2 years. Make/model MFC- J875DW
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it happen today.... i was just trying to print some documents; a few pages
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at the moment
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
11/17/2016
Technician: TechnicalByte,
 replied 1 year ago
TechnicalByte

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you, waiting
Technician: TechnicalByte,
 replied 1 year ago

To start auto cleaning

This automatic cleaning occurs whenever you turn on your printer after having shut it off

and whenever you do not print something for extended time period.

There is not a feature for turning that cleaning off/on or setting it.

You would have to go into your

computer and 'tell it' not too. but, i dont recommend this, because you can tell it to test print a page, which

saves ink and time but the commands will look something like this: (this is for windows, not mac, just an example)

Setting up an automatic task to print a test page every day. (Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10)

1. Make sure your printer is set up, working properly and is recognized by your system.
2. Leave your printer on all the time. Even if you turn your computer off.
3. Open a Notepad window (Start>All Programs>Accessories>Notepad)
4. Copy and paste this command to Notepad: RUNDLL32 PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /n"<printer name>" /k
5. Be aware that this command is case sensitive and it won’t work if the case is incorrect.
6. Hit start and “Devices and Printers” on the start menu
7. Right click on your printer and click on Printer Properties
8. Right click on the name of the printer and click on Copy
9. Click on the Print Test Page button
10. A test page should print out.
11. Hit cancel on the properties box and close the “Devices and Printers” window
12. Highlight <printer name> in the Notepad window command and paste the printer name in there (Ctrl V)
13. Highlight and copy (Ctrl C) the command in Notepad
14. Hit start and type CMD into the “Search programs and files” box
15. Right click on the command line and click on Paste. Hit enter.
16. A test page should print out.
17. Type exit on the command line. This will close the Command window.
18. Hit Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Task Scheduler
19. Hit Create Basic Task
20. Enter a Name for reference
21. Enter a Description for reference
22. Hit Next
23. Click on Daily
24. Hit Next
25. Set the date for tomorrow by clicking on the calendar
26. Set the time you want the test page to print
27. Hit Next
28. Click on Start a Program
29. Click Next
30. Copy and Paste the command from Notepad that you created. Put it under Program/script
31. Hit Next
32. Hit Yes on the pop up box
33. Hit Finish
34. Double click on the Task Scheduler Library title on the left pane
35. Find your task by the name you gave it. Tasks are sorted by Triggers time. Click on it
36. Hit Run under Selected Items on the right pane
37. A test page should print out.
38. Close the Task Scheduler Window and Notepad Window
39. Your task is scheduled. You are done.

This is manually to clean it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu7W6Dp6als

Are you receiving a paperjam error now?

Please rate the 5 stars at the top of the page to close out this question as it is the only way i am

credited for the work done with clients. Or, reply to continue if further troubleshooting is necessary.

~Franklin

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you
Please send a receip from my payment to you. I need this for my record, and please erase my credit card hystory. I do not have a monthly fee/ contract with you.Thank you
Technician: TechnicalByte,
 replied 1 year ago

You have to contact customer service and also please rate with stars to close the question out.

I cannot see that side of your account. I will leave the info here for you, but i also believe it is in your

emails with your agreements, fees etc. The funds are not released to me by the site until it is 'rated'

http://ww2.justanswer.com/chat-customer-support

TechnicalByte
TechnicalByte
TechnicalByte